Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Infinite Improbability in San Francisco - Arrived...

She was sitting on the window seat looking out of the aircraft. I still stood there, waiting for the gentleman infront of me, to push his bags onto the overhead compartment. His seat was 19B, mine was 30B and hers, I couldnt see from where I stood. Started counting her seat, 19, 20 , 21, 22...30A. Hang on; can't be. Counted again, 20, 21, 22...30A. Woh! She must have seen me grin while I approached my seat for she grinned herself. I suppose the air hostess herself grinned, which made it the three of us who were grinning on a flight which was delayed by almost 5 hours. 3:00 am PST, the AirTran flight 52 took off from San Francisco airport and I sat down with an open laptop, the lady sleeping on the next seat; to word the three days in the Life and Times of Infinite Improbability, the best yet in the land of Uncle Sam's.

I didnt know that you are supposed to reach 45 min before the scheduled departure, if you have to check in any baggage. I reached 20 min before and I was surprised at the achievement. No amount of negotiation could assuage the old hag and the only option that was left for me was to board the flight to Washington and then go off to Oakland instead of my planned Denver - Oakland route. The airport female had told me that the possibility of my getting a seat on the Washington Oakland flight was so small it wouldn't show in a display with less than 5 digits after the decimal point. So I was pretty much prepared and even planned my stay at Washington. In fact so much so that when the flight attendant did offer me the confirmed seat on the Oakland flight, I was a triffle dissapointed.

to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home