Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Infinite Improbability in Florida : The morning after

My first day is just drawing to a close and its been a beautiful day. The full moon shining brightly has never seemed this bright. Even the stars around are twinkling a lot more brightly. I was often told that sun outside India shines brighter than what it does in India. I had never really felt any difference, I still don't. The moon however is a lot brighter, maybe to the tune that it hurts the eye at the first glance. Its a beautiful night too.

I am currently staying with two guys - Viraj Raul and Shashi Kant. Viraj is the Quality Leader for all HSBC projects coming out of Tampa. I had seen him before, even spoken to him but never knew that he was Viraj Raul. Shashi was the Quality Lead for my project (Gold Plus) when I had just joined in. He later became the Project Manager for LMS(Loyalty Management Subsystem) and is here for the same. Staying with them is on a temperory basis and I'll be looking out for a house from mostly tomorrow. Another guy called Cherian is the most likely to share the apartment with me.

The house faces an artificial lake which is right in the middle of the entire apartments complex. There are trees all round it and its carpetted on all sides by prim green grass (turned a slightly lighter shade of grey these days) All kanbayites stay in one of these houses in this apartment, so we are all at walking distance from each other. Mostly everybody house has around 3 - 5 people and simmilarly every group of 4 -5 people also share a car. I am sharing a Daimler Chrysler Dodge automatic gear car with 2 others right now in an extremely costly deal which took place before I reached. Next week, I'll plan out something where in I might rent a car (or most likely a SUV) for myself. Not quite sure since I havent enquired about the rates.

The day began at 9:00 when I woke up to a slightly chilly, bright sunny morningand headed straight for the laptop. The internet connection out here is extremely quick. Moreover its over the wireless. So I dont have to put any cables into my laptop, I am just connected with the world from anywhere in the house. Took a lazy bath and a was perusing through mails. Went to a mall (Circuit City) which is among the closest ones here around 11:00. The malls here are wholly different from what we have in mind. Its mostly just a single ground floor building which is really huge in size and houses a lot of things. Hardly anything is more than 2 story. Mostly everything is just ground floor. There is a huge amount of parking available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home