Thursday, July 21, 2005

Hi, this is Vikram... ..Hi Vikram!!!

Baldi called up today!! Just like Baniya had called up around 2 years ago! I'd be thankful to Baniya for that call then and I am thankful to Baldi for this call today.

Well we were room partners for 4 years of my college. I, Kalra, Baldi and Majhi! For 4 years we shared the same apartment, the same college, the same cricket ground, the same gossip, the same friends. We had laughed our guts out before the upcoming exam, we have sped our youth on motorbikes, gossiped about the non existant love life of Amit Bhaiya. We have argued nights after nights on whats the best out of Computers / E&TC / Mechanical and we have silently indulged in bitter competition over Moto Racer Video Game.

There were reasons why it went bad and I guess I'd take the bigger chunk of responsibility for it. The worse part is, I could see it go bad but I couldn't do anything about it. Majhi tried to salvage it and then gave up after a fight, Kalra clearly demonstrated his dissent and then gave it up a lil antagonized. Baldi simply backed out. He probably gave me that absolution through a muted withdrawl.

I could still manage contact with Majhi. He probably had a space for me where I could fit in whichever way I was. Not as close as we were in early years of our Engg and never too distant for a cold stare. He knew where I lived and I would get to know, maybe just days before he was leaving back for US, that he came to India. Baldi had disappeared, vanished with no trace. I tried looking for him. Would happen every now and then initially, then maybe I just sent a few mails to an email I though was his and then he would only surface in a thought with a "Oh and what would he be doing now?" A thought that was growing rare in itself.

And today he called up! Well, I am never been good at pulling at lost threads. Most of us are not. Most if us may not want to, but we let go. Except ofcourse people like Baniya and Baldi. They keep pulling those threads and they keep checking the line. Maybe someday a response will come and they never let go!

Well thats why they make some of the most valuable friends! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home